03 May Be So Good That You Can’t Be Ignored
Posted at 18:21h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
At our recent conference, Chris spoke about being so good….that you can’t be ignored.
We got a peak at his notes and here they are:
Dave Anderson focuses on these things in his book (below are some points and how they relate): EFFORT, ENERGY, ENTHUSIASM, EXCELLENCE…PASSION, ATTITUDE, FOCUS, INTEGRITY
- Do your best EVERY DAY (Excellence)
- EDMED – Not just when you feel like it. What is EDMED? Every Day Means Every Day. Enough said.
- Become results oriented
- Give yourself rest – Mental Focus daily (Energy)
- Always be prepared, never know when opportunities come, but you’ve gotta be prepared
- Ensure you perform on peak level
- Arrive Early, Stay Late (Effort)
- Not just showing up physically, but mentally
- In your spare time – what are you doing to better yourself? Read books, develop others
- Make yourself Irreplaceable (Passion)
- Act as if, take charge and don’t wait for someone to hand it to you
- Your reputation matters
- Work Smarter AND Harder (Focus)
- Human nature is to slow down as we get better
- What Peak Performance Looks like – Talent and Experience
- Master the fundamentals (Excellence)
- If you can’t teach them, you don’t understand them
- Be able to be replicated, don’t use your own personality to develop others
- You can’t have situational ethics! (Integrity)
- Million Dollar Decision
- Great opportunity means great responsibility
Take 30 seconds and write down 2 things you know you want to improve on “things you wish you knew and now do from today.” – ACT ON IT and START to make changes.
Share with us what those are in the comments!